Monday, December 24, 2012

It's Christmas!

Merry Christmas!  As I haven't posted in a while, there is a lot to fill you in on: I have been to two races so far this year; two slaloms at Norquay (Banff, Alberta) and two GS and two slaloms at Panorama, BC.  I scored a couple times on my points from last year, so I consider that a success, and all my early season training paid off.

During the Thanksgiving Camp at Norquay (which you can read about in the camp blog I was appointed to) I made the slalom training edit below, which features myself and some of the other older members of the Whitefish Mountain Race Team.  It was filmed completely with my Contour+ camera.

slalom training edit from Nevada Kramer on Vimeo.

My Christmas wishlist includes some camera equipment to help me improve new videos, and I should have some new stuff up soon.

As I was the only Whitefish racer at the Panorama race, my dad traveled with me and was essentially my coach.  He took video and gave me course reports, and it worked out well.  I posted all the videos on Sprongo so my coaches at home could see how I was doing, and tell me what I needed to work on for the next run.

My plans for January are looking like this: Schweitzer January 3-6 two super-g and two GS (FIS), then a Northern Division (Montana) race at Red Lodge January 19-21.  I'll keep you posted how I do!

Thanks for reading, I really appreciate the support I receive from friends and family thousands of miles away.  Have a happy holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment